1) Prof. Sumathy Sundar, Director was invited as a faculty along with the other faculties Dr. Baishali Mukherjee and Dr. Parin Parmar to conduct a pre-conference workshop on “Music Therapy and Stress Management on 29 11 2018 during the 20th National Conference on Pulmonary Medicine 2018 held at Ahamedabad.
2) Prof. Sumathy Sundar, Director was invited as a faculty to present on “Music therapy in Pulmonary Medicine” during the 20th National Conference on Pulmonary Medicine 2018(NAPCOM2018) on 30 11 2018
3) Prof. Sumathy Sundar, Director was invited as a spotlight speaker on “Biocultural basis for therapeutic moments in music therapy” 0n 09-11-2018 for Best Practices day at IMC University of Applied Sciences, Krems, Austria
4) Prof. Sumathy Sundar, Director delivered an invited speech on “Music therapy to promote lifestyle changes and complement evidence based medical practice” on 09-10-2018 at AIMST University, Malaysia
5) Sundar Sumathy. Music Therapy Clinical Practice and Research Perspectives: Indian Context. Asian Confederation of Music Therapy. Taipei, Taiwan Nov. 18-20 2016 available at http://english.amtc.asia/speakers/dr-sumathy-sundar/
6) Sundar Sumathy. Integrating cultural music therapy approaches with pregnant women in antenatal wards in a south Indian Hospital. 4th International Conference on Music and Medicine. Beijing, June 15, 2016. International Association for Music and Medicine available at http://iammchina.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/ABSTRACT-Sumathy-Sundar.pdf
7) Sundar S. Current Research Initiatives in Music Therapy at SBV. Proceedings of 3rd International Conference of Music Therapy. “Best Practised Models of Music Therapy Clinical Practice and Research. Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, Pondicherry, India. 16 Feb. 2016. 29-35
8) Sundar S. The role of traditions in the therapeutic relationship maintained by the therapist and the client during the music therapy process. “Best Practice Day in Music Therapy” The IMC University of Applied Sciences, Krems, Austria, Nov. 2015 available at http://www.bestpracticeday.at/fileadmin/download/Sumaty_Sundar_CV_Abstract.pdf
9) Sundar S. The Science of music and music therapy. Keynote address. International Conference on Science of music. Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam available at http://www.researchgate.net/publication/282218060_Key_Note_Address_The_Science_of_Music_and_Music_Therapy
10) Sundar S. Understanding the evidence-based practice of music therapy. Indo-Global Education Summit and Expo. 2014. Hyderabad. 11, Sep. 2014. Available at
11) Sundar S. Traditions and Cultural Diversity in Music Therapy. Spotlight speech. Proceedings of 14th World Congress of Music Therapy. The IMC University of Applied Sciences, Krems, Austria. July 7-12, 2014 available at http://www.musictherapy2014.org/fileadmin/download/Congress_Proceedings.pdf
12) Sundar Sumathy. Music Therapy Training from West to East” Roundtable. Proceedings of 14th WFMT World Congress of Music Therapy. Vienna/Krems. Austria. July 7-12, 2014. 248-249 available at under http://www.musictherapy2014.org/fileadmin/download/Congress_Proceedings.pdf
1.Effect of Music Therapy On Fatigue And Anxiety Levels Of Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis Procedure. Principal investigator: Dr. Shobana Jaiganesh, Associate Professor, Dept. of Physiology,Co investigators-Dr. Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER;Dr. Hemachandar, Associate Professor, Department of Nephrology
2) Does Distraction and Active Focus of Attention with Music Enhance Patient’s Comfort under Regional Anesthesia: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Principal Investigator: Dr. Hemanth Kumar, Professor, Dept of Anesthesia; Co- Investigators- Dr. Ravishankar, Professor, Department of Anesthesia; Dr.Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER; Dr. Balanehru Subramanian, Deputy director, CIDRF; Dr. Vellore A.R. Srinivasan, Professor, Department of Biochemistry; Dr. B. Sivaprakash, Professor., Department of Psychiatry.
3) Vestibular Stimulation and Indian Hammock Versus Music Therapy in Prevention and Management of Infantile Colic in Term Infants: Prospective Open Labeled Randomized Controlled Trial.Student investigator: - Dr. S Ravikumar, Dept. of Pediatrics; Guide: Dr D. Gunasekaran, Professor, Dept. of Pediatrics; Co Guides: Dr. Srinivasa Raghavan, Assistant Professor, Dept of Pediatrics; Dr.Sumathy Sundar,Director, CMTER.
4) Effect of Music Listening on Hemodynamic Changes During Application of Erich’s Arch Bar: A Randomized Control Trial. Student investigator: - Dr.Rajkumar, MDS:Oral &Maxofacial Surgery; Guide: Dr.Yuvaraj.V MDS, Professor, Dept. of Oral &Maxofacial Surgery; Co guide: Dr.Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER
5) Effect of Music Therapy on Anxiety, Emotional Perception and Tolerability Levels of the Patients Posted for MRI Procedure. Student investigator: S. Prashanthi; Guide: Dr.Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER; Co Guides: Dr. B R Nagaraj, Professor, Department of Radiology and Dr. B. Sivaprakash, Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry.
6)A Comparative Study of the Effect of Music and Yoga Interventions on Physiological and Psychological Parameters in Patients Posted for Angiogram. Student investigator– Samay Ajmera; Guide: Dr.Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER; Co- Guide: Dr.B.Amirtha Ganesh, Professor & Head, Dept Cardiology; Co guide – Dr. Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani, Deputy Director, CYTER; G. Dayanidy, lecturer, CYTER
7)Study on the Effect of Music Therapy on Patients with Pre-Hypertension. Student investigator- Suguna Varadarajan; Guide: Dr.Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER; Co-guide –Dr.R. Jayasingh, Professor & Head , Dept of Medicine
8) Effect of music on the initiation of lactation and maternal breastfeeding satisfaction levels. Student investigator – Bhuvaneswari Ramesh; Guide: Dr.Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER; Co- guides: Dr. Seetesh Ghose, Professor & Head, Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Gunasekaran D, Professor, Dept of Paediatrics, Dr.B.Sivaprakash, Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry
9) Evaluation of Maternal and Fetal Health with Music Therapy In- Utero. Principal Investigator: Dr.Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER; Co Investigators: Dr. Seetesh Ghose, Professor, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology; Dr.Balanehru Subramanian, Deputy Director, CIDRF
11) Effect of Music, Imagery and Relaxation Training on Pain and Psycho-Physiological Parameters in Patients posted for Percutaneous Coronary interventions. Principal Investigator: Dr.Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER; Dr.Amirtha Ganesh, Professor & Head, Dept. of Cardiology; Dr.Maria Montserrat Gimeno, Associate professor, State University of New York at New Paltz; Dr. B. Sivaprakash, Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry; Dr. Vellore A R Srinivasan, Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Bhuvaneswari Ramesh, Tutor, CMTER
1) A Study on the effect of Music Therapy on Labor Pain During first stage of Labor. Principal Investigator: Bhuvaneswari Ramesh, Tutor, CMTER; Guide: Dr. Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER; Co- Guide: Dr. Sunitha Samal, Professor, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
2) Various Modalities in Treatment of Tinnitus- A Comparative Study. Student Investigator: Dr. Shruthi Narayanam, Dept.of ENT; Guide: Dr. V. Nirmal Coumare, Professor, Department of ENT Co-Guide: Dr. P. Karthikeyan, Professor, Dept. of ENT; Co-Guide: Dr. Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER
3) Effect of Music Listening on State Anxiety of Patients Undergoing Dermatosurgery Procedures under Local Anesthesia. Student Investigator: Dr D.Divya; Guide: Dr.S Ambujam, Professor, Dept. of Dermatology; Co-Guide: Dr. Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER; Dr. B. Siva Prakash, Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry.
4) A Study on the Effect of Adjunct Music Listening on the Outcome of Depressive Disorders. Student Investigator: Karthik Balakrishnan; Guide: Dr. B.Siva Prakash, Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry; Co-Guide: Dr. Sumathy Sundar, Director, CMTER; Dr.Sukanto Sarkar, Associate professor, Dept. of Psychiatry
1. SBV Model of Development and Implementation of Curriculum of M.Sc. Medical Music Therapy. Copyright granted on 19.9.17. Registration No. L-69795/2017. Sumathy Sundar, NAnanthakrishnan, KR Sethuraman
2. "MEETS"- Musically Express Your Emotions and Thoughts for Success. Copyright granted on 11.10.17. Registration No.L- 69472/2017. Dr. Sobana Jaiganesh, Dr. Sumathy Sundar
3. SBV Model of Credit-based Music Therapy Internship Training. Copyright application registered to vide diary no. 15799/2017-CO/L dated 9.11.17 Dr. Sumathy Sundar